Unique Products for the Underground Utility Professional
pecially designed to temporarily seal and stop off metallic or PE pipe remotely for fitting renewal or service line maintenance. Reusable, rugged, and lightweight made from Nitrile rubber and plated steel available in 1/2"-2” sizes. Also used as a tamper resistant night cap to prevent unwanted material such as dirt, water, debris, animals, etc. from entering open ended pipes. This is critically important when protecting your expensive pipeline projects. These pipe plugs are composed of two steel washers, which are compressed together by tightening the central bolt using the Special Expansion Plug Wrench.
As the washers are compressed together, the rubber expands, ensuring a tight fit inside the diameter of the pipe. These detachable plugs offer a gas tight seal making it easy to change out a valve or fitting.
1. Fit the plug into the end of the wrench and turn pin "A" into slot "B".
2. Turn the wrench handle "F" clockwise with one hand while holding the wrench at "G" with the other until pin "D" on the wrench drops into hole "E"
3. Insert the plug into the fitting or pipe.
4. Hold the wrench at "G" and turn handle "F" clockwise to expand the plug.
5. To remove the wrench push in slightly and turn clockwise to remove pin "A" out of slot "B" to disengage the plug.
1. Fit slot over pin "A" and turn wrench clockwise to engage pin "A" into slot at "C."
2. Hold the wrench at "G" with one hand and turn the wrench handle "F" counter clockwise to release the plug.
3. Remove the plug with the wrench.