71-00570202 HDD Breakaway w/ integral Swivel -5,000lbs. - Must purchase pin sets separately.
Typically used for 2-8" PE with break loads between 250-5,000 lbs.
Many utilities now require the use of a breakaway connector to maintain the pipe integrity during installation. The same connector works on different pipe sizes, each requiring different load settings.
Made from stainless and galvanized steel,
Breakaway Connectors are tested designed to protect polyethylene pipe from overload during installation by directional drilling or other methods. Connects between the pullback swivel and the pipe puller. The connectors are in three-parts held together by a group of pins. The pins are designed to break in tension at a specific load.
The connector assembly fastens together by using one or more of the breakaway pins. For example, if the operator uses a single 1,000 lbs. pin, the connector will come apart at 1,000 pounds. Different pin values can be mixed and matched to create several different breakaway
- 71-00565-025 BLUE 560-570 250LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-040 GRAY 560-570 400LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-070 GREEN 560-570 700LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-075 YELLOW 560-570 750LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-100 ORANGE 560-570 1000LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-120 PURPLE 560-570 1200LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-130 BLACK 560-570 1300LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-150 RED 560-570 1500LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-200 BLUE 560-570 2000LB PIN KT5PK
- 71-00565-250 GREEN 560-570 2500LB PIN KT5PK