Save your budget by leaving good pipe in the ground and removing the bad!
This tools is used by area supervisors, foreman, installers or inspectors all over the country who need to make a decision to cut out a small section of damaged poly pipe or steel. If the pipe wall damage is 10% or more of the total thickness of the pipe, then it must be removed. However, many make the decision to cut out or leave in the section of pipe by simply giving a visual inspection or using their finger nail to measure the gouge. If they use the Damage Indicator, then they can be absolutely sure and document the reading on their paperwork. This reduces unnecessary cut outs saving money and increases overall pipeline safety.
- Simple to use by all field personnel
- Digital readout accurate to 0.0008" or less
- Instant zeroing provides a direct readout of the depth of the surface damage
- Ensures PE meets safe pipe laying standards prior to burial
- Especially valuable in lengthy Coil Pipe applications
- Operates without adjustment on a full range of PE pipe from 3/4" to 20"
- Instant conversion from Imperial to Metric readout
- Effective in many other depth or height measurement situations, including work on flat surfaces and for steel weld measurement